Review: Setapp --->
Take Control eBooks: iTunes:
iTunes. It’s a hot mess, thanks to all the semi-related features Apple has shoehorned in and the company’s constant interface fiddling. If the mere thought of syncing a specific set of music to your iPhone or adjusting your podcast download settings has you reaching for the aspirin, you’re not alone.
But iTunes is also central to so much of the Apple experience that we’ve published Take Control of iTunes 12: The FAQ to teach you how to bend iTunes to your will. Once you understand what makes it tick, you’ll enjoy generating Genius Mixes, monkeying with the Up Next queue, exploring all that Apple Music gives you, and more. The book normally costs $15, but you can get it for just $10.50 with the 30% MUG discount.
Author Kirk McElhearn and editor Tonya Engst have meticulously crafted this 260-page book in a friendly question-and-answer format that breaks out the topics in bite-sized nuggets, making it easy to find just the help you need.
Kirk, who pens Macworld’s “The iTunes Guy” column, probably knows more about iTunes than anyone, making this book the go-to source for iTunes details. For instance, you’ll learn the answers to questions like:
- What cloud services does iTunes use?
- What should I know before I turn on iCloud Music Library?
- What do the iCloud Music Library status labels mean?
- How do I tell Apple Music that I don’t like what it’s playing?
- What interesting things can I do with smart playlists?
- Can I have more than one iTunes library on my computer?
- How do I sample a podcast to see if I want to subscribe?
- How do I create a podcast station? (What is a podcast station?)
- How do I rip an audiobook CD and deal with its hundreds of tracks?
- Which compression format should I use when I rip CDs?
- What are the best ways to use star ratings and loves/dislikes?
- How should I tag movements in my classical music collection?
- How do I add album art for CDs that I’ve ripped?
- Where have the ebooks I had in Tunes gone?
- How can I control what subset of media to sync to my iPhone?
And a whole lot more… Check it out today!
(For the discount code, contact editor.)
Thanks for supporting Take Control and our authors—it’s the only reason we can continue to document all the quirky stuff that Apple’s doing!
cheers… -Adam and Tonya Engst, Take Control publishers
Review: Setapp --->
© 2017 Canterbury Apple Users; SeniorNet Mac Inc.